This website is currently archived and not updated.

Check our new "Preparing for RIKEN" website.

RIKEN Wako Branch

Requirements for Non-RIKEN Employees
(visiting researchers, interns, students, etc.)

Insurance (health insurance, travel accident insurance, etc.) coverage of medical care and hospitalization in Japan is required; it must be taken out individually or arranged for in advance. Private accident and personal liability insurance is strongly recommended, and is required for interns. Non-RIKEN employees are considered to be here independently and autonomously and no coverage or benefits are available if a need arises.

  • For stays of more than three months and enrollment in the Japanese national health insurance, please file that you had no annual income for the previous year in Japan (zero) with the designated city hall. Failure to file will result in a higher national health insurance tax premium (Calculation method varies).


Related links: